LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT
OFFICIAL PUBLICATION OF THE PACIFIC AREA CRIME ANALYSIS DETAIL
BURGLARY FROM MOTOR VEHICLE
DONT BE A VICTIM!
The Pacific community has recently seen a sharp increase in burglaries from vehicles. The suspects will target vehicles that are parked on the street, in parking lots, apartment complex parking areas, and residential driveways. In order to gain entry, the suspects will smash or pry a vehicle window or enter vehicles that have been left unlocked. The suspects take any property that is visible from outside the vehicle including, but not limited to, IPODs, cell phones, cameras, and laptop computers.
IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU TAKE THE FOLLOWING PRECAUTIONS:
- Always lock your vehicle.
- Always roll up and secure all windows.
- Do not leave items of value in plain sight in your vehicle.
- If you can not take property into your home or workplace, secure it in your trunk.
- Do not leave detachable stereo faceplates in your vehicle.
- Do not leave garage door openers in your vehicle.
- Equip your vehicle with an audible alarm that is activated upon attempt at entry.
- Always report suspicious activity in your area; Call LAPD-Pacific Division at(310) 482-6334.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT
PACIFIC AUTO DETECTIVES AT (310) 482-6313.
Prepared by: Pacific Crime Analysis Detail